What are the services offered by INTERNET LBCDirect?
Thanks to INTERNET LBCDirect, you can:
- Get your account balance;
- Look through the last transactions brought to your personal deposit accounts and Laurentian Bank VISA accounts;
- Pay a wide range of bills from public services or recognized companies;
- Transfer funds between accounts;
- Obtain a cash advance from your Laurentian Bank VISA card;
- Get information on your personal loan, mortgage, line of credit and investment portfolio;
- Change your mailing address or password and enter or update your e-mail;
- Search last payment(s) made via the LBCDirect service;
- View bills, statements and notices received through Webdoxs;
Is the service the same as LBCDirect phone service?
INTERNET LBCDirect offers the same possibilities as our LBCDirect phone service, and much more:
- Pay bills, either directly or using postdated payment;
- Obtain information on your personal loan or mortgage;
- Change your address online;
- Access the Webdoxs Service;
When is this service available?
This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except for some short periods necessary for system maintenance.The data on your accounts history is accessible from 6 a.m. until 10 p.m. (EST) in real time or with short time lag from 10 p.m. until 6 a.m. Banking transactions carried out between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. (EST) are not immediately reflected in your historical review account. Information is updated daily, at 6 a.m. (EST).
How do I correct a mistake on a bill payment made through LBCDirect (telephone or Internet)?
If you notice a mistake in a bill payment, call one of our advisors at the Telebanking Center at 1 877 522-3863, any time of day, seven days a week. It will be their pleasure to help you.
To facilitate processing of your request, have the following information on hand:
- Name of the company who received the payment;
- The transaction amount;
- The transaction confirmation number;
- The date and time of the transaction.
Which accounts can I access via the INTERNET LBCDirect service?
Once you're logged in, you'll automatically be entered in the SUMMARY section. This shows all your accounts with the Laurentian Bank, categorized as follows:
- Personal Deposit Accounts
- Line of Credit
- Laurentian Bank VISA Credit Card
- Mortgage Loans
- Personal Loans
- Investment Products and Non Registered Account
- RSP, RRIF and LIF Accounts
The following products are not available through INTERNET LBCDirect: student loans, RESPs and mutual funds, which you purchase directly from a funds management company.
How much does this service cost?
Registering with INTERNET LBCDirect is free.
Banking fees (per unit)
A $1.00 fee is charged for payment of a bill. Please note that the standard transaction and administrative account fees apply.
Banking plan accounts
If your transactional account is linked to one of our banking plans, INTERNET LBCDirect service is provided free of charge. Please note that some of our plans allow your to carry out a maximal number of transactions free of charge.
Do I need specific equipment or special software to access this service?
To use the INTERNET LBCDirect service, you need:
Minimal configuration required:
- Microsoft Windows 98, ME, 2000 or XP / Mac OS 9 or Mac OS X
- A Web browser with a 128-bit encryption level (Netscape Navigator 7.0 and over / Microsoft Explorer 5.5 and over / Mozilla Firefox 1.0 and over)
- 16 megs of RAM (32 megs - recommended)
- Internet access
How can I get help while I am using the service?
To get help during a session, click on the HELP button which is always available. This button can be found on the top navigation bar of the screen.
If you need additional help while using the service, dial 1 877 522-3863. You may also contact us via e-mail by selecting this function (on the top navigation bar of the screen).
Why are some words or sections of text underlined?
Underlined words indicate a hyperlink. If you click on it, you will get more information on that word or group of words.
How do I get an access number and a password?
When you register with LBCDirect, we will give you a temporary access number and a password. On your first visit to the site, you will need to change this password.
How do I change my password? How often must I change it?
If you start a session by using your temporary password, you will be directed to the PASSWORD MODIFICATION screen. If you wish to change your standard password, you will need to click on CHANGE PASSWORD in the SUMMARY or CLIENT FILE sections and follow the instructions.
We urge you to change your password frequently and not disclose it to anyone. Avoid easy-to-guess choices such as birth dates, telephone numbers or addresses, and memorize your password.
What happens if I enter the wrong password?
The system always asks you to enter your password twice, which reduces errors. If you enter the wrong password twice, the system indicates an error and asks you to start over.
What must I do if I lose my password? Can you help me?
If you have forgotten your password or if it has been deactivated, contact our Customer Service at 1 877 522-3863.
What is 2048-bit encryption?
In order to protect the privacy of data exchanged over the Internet, we use 2048-bit encryption. We encode exchanges to avoid that intruders access the confidential information entered during your session or information we transmit.
2048-bit encryption is a recognized data encoding technology which ensures secure information transmission.
To login to LBCDirect, you must use a browser with 2048-bit encryption. Firefox, Explorer, Chrome and Safari offer this level of encryption.
Is it safe to use INTERNET LBCDirect to carry out banking transactions?
All possible precautions were taken to preserve data confidentiality. Beside 128-bit encryption, our systems are protected and deny access to INTERNET LBCDirect to unauthorized individuals.
How can I be sure that my online banking session is safe?
Our commitment to maintain a high level of security doesn't mean that you don't have to take necessary precautions when you are making banking online. Even in a safe environment:
When accessing confidential data:
- Never disclose your password to anyone: to access the section containing personal information on your account, you must use a password. We ask you to modify it regularly and to keep it confidential. Avoid easy-to-guess choices such as birth dates, telephone numbers or addresses, and memorize your password.
- Always logoff before leaving your computer.
- Clear your browser's cache memory or history to shield your affairs from prying eyes. The procedure used to clear your cache memory varies from a browser to the next. Please refer to your browser for more information.
- When you access confidential data from your accounts, you should see, on your screen, a closed padlock or a broken key, depending on your browser. These indicate a secured session.
Laurentian Bank of Canada is not responsible for any damages you may suffer from the transmittal of confidential or sensitive information and if that information subsequently becomes public through no fault of ours.
How do I find out if my browser has 2048-bit encryption?
Internet LBCDirect system will not allow you to access your personal data if your browser does not support 2048-bit encryption. Firefox, Explorer, Chrome and Safari offer this encoding system.
How do I quit a secured section?
To quit a secured section, click on the QUIT function found in the right top corner of your screen. Do not forget to clear your computer's cache memory. Remember to never leave your computer before having logged off.
For your own safety, online sessions are automatically terminated after 15 minutes of inactivity. You will need to identify yourself again and start a new session.
Which accounts can I access via INTERNET LBCDirect?
Once you've initiated an online session, you'll automatically be entered in the SUMMARY section. This shows all your accounts with the Laurentian Bank, categorized as follows:
- Personal Deposit Accounts
- VISA Credit Cards
- Personal Loans
- Mortgage Loans
- Investment Products
The following products are not available through the INTERNET LBCDirect service: student loans, RESPs, RRIFs and mutual funds, which you purchase directly from a funds management company.
What banking operations are available?
You can consult online:
- Information about your accounts (personal deposit accounts, line of credit, Laurentian Bank VISA credit card, personal loans, mortgage loans, investment products and non registered accounts, RSP, RRIF and LIF accounts)
- Banking transaction records and history of your personal deposit accounts, your line of credit and your Laurentian Bank VISA credit card account;
- Last payments made;
- Bills, statements and notices received through webdoxsTM;
- The balance or remaining credit of your Laurentian Bank VISA account;
You may also carry out the following banking operation:
- Pay your bills, using immediate or post-dated payment;
- Transfer funds between accounts;
- Download your transaction history toward financial planning software (Quicken, Money, QuickBooks);
- Add or remove bills to and from your bill payment file.
And, modify your personal information:
- Change your postal address;
- Update your e-mail;
- Change your password.
What is the SUMMARY section for?
Once you've initiated an online session, you'll automatically be entered in the SUMMARY section. This section allows you to quickly see the balance or actual value of any of your accounts, either in real time (between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. EST) or with a short time lag (between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. EST).
From this screen, you can:
- Change your password;
- Display the account details;
- * Display the account history.
What information do I find under the DETAILS subsection?
You will find additional information on your products. This information varies from one category to the next. For example, when you click on the mortgage product, you will access your loan number, the branch number, the account number to debit, loan category, initial borrowed amount, interest rate, remaining redemption period, loan term, etc.
What information do I find under the HISTORY subsection?
HISTORY allows you to see the transactions carried out on your accounts over a given period. The information varies according to the product.
For personal deposit accounts:
The available transactions are the ones carried out during the past two months.
1) See the current transactions beginning on the 1st day of the current month.
2) Specify the desired account period (start and end dates).
For VISA Laurentian Bank accounts:
Several options are available. You may check:
1) The current transactions, beginning with your last VISA statement.
2) The transactions recorded in your account for the last three billing cycles. Simply select one of the three periods shown.