|LBCFS is the exclusive distributor of the Laurentian Bank Group of Funds.|
LBC Financial Services offers a range of Laurentian Bank mutual funds through Mackenzie Investments ("Mackenzie"), one of Canada’s largest investment management firms. Available exclusively to our clients, our funds are designed to fit a large type of investors, from the most cautious to the most adventurous.
When directed by expert portfolio managers, mutual funds offer a potentially unlimited return. However, your capital is not guaranteed and your return may vary depending on market fluctuations.
The key is to invest with a medium or long-term outlook, and to avoid putting all your eggs in one basket.
The money you invest in a mutual fund is pooled with other investors’ money to acquire a group of individual stocks. The portion of the return on the fund that you receive equals the portion of the fund that you bought.
Each fund is managed according to specific investment goals. Mutual funds offer numerous advantages:
- Investing is a simple process.
- Funds are directed by veteran portfolio managers.
- An enormous variety of funds is available to meet all preferences and needs.
- The variety of investments lets you diversify your portfolio, maximizing your potential return while helping minimize risk.
Countless mutual funds are available on the market. All-in-one solutions such as Symmetry portfolios are designed to tolerate different levels of risk, depending on your long-term goals and your plan to achieve them while focusing on your current priorities. For each investor profile, there’s a Symmetry portfolio. These investments offer:
- A first-rate solution: Investments are managed in a way similar to a pension fund.
- Balance between protection and growth: Symmetry portfolios are broadly diversified and aim to strike a balance between protecting the capital you need today and nurturing the growth you need for tomorrow. Each portfolio is designed to provide to a wide range of investment opportunities with low levels of risk.
- Effective risk management: In monitoring investment portfolios, Mackenzie places top priority on effective risk management. Strategic portfolio weights are tactically tilted to take advantage of market conditions.
- Daily rebalancing: To keep your Symmetry portfolio in line with your risk tolerance and growth objectives, Mackenzie sets a target weighting for each portfolio. If the market fluctuates too widely, the team rebalances the weighting in stocks and bonds to bring your portfolio within your risk tolerance.
- Assets with low volatility: The asset allocation team at Mackenzie assigns a specific weighting to assets with low volatility, with the aim of delivering what every investor wants: maximum performance with minimal risk.
- Veteran portfolio managers: Mackenzie’s greatest advantage is their ability to bring together skilled investment professionals.
For investors ranging from the cautious to the adventurous, Mackenzie offers seven types of portfolios:
- Symmetry Fixed Income Portfolio
- Symmetry Conservative Income Portfolio
- Symmetry Conservative Portfolio
- Symmetry Balanced Portfolio
- Symmetry Moderate Growth Portfolio
- Symmetry Growth Portfolio
- Symmetry Equity Portfolio Class
- Customized portfolio
A wide range of funds is also available to build your own customized portfolio.
+ Preferred Pricing New Service!
Invest. Combine. Save.
The Preferred Pricing Service for Laurentian Bank Group of Funds, managed by Mackenzie Investments, enable you to benefit from reduced fees on your investments.2
How to take advantage?
Mackenzie’s Preferred Pricing Service is designed to ensure that you automatically benefit from reduced costs, once $100 000 in assets (household or personal)3 held with Mackenzie Investments is reached. It’s a great reason to combine your assets!
Mackenzie Investments is a name that Canadians know and trust – they have been helping investors since 1967:
- Is a member of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies.
- Has $67.6B under management with individuals and institutions.
- Has always been committed to innovation.
- Is an independent Canadian company.
- Boasts an experienced team of portfolio managers.
1. Mutual funds are distributed by LBC Financial Services Inc. (“LBCFS”), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Laurentian Bank of Canada (“Laurentian Bank”). LBCFS is a legal entity distinct from Laurentian Bank, B2B Trustco, Mackenzie Financial Corporation (Mackenzie Investments), and from all other issuer or mutual fund companies whose products it distributes. Each licensed LBCFS representative is also a Laurentian Bank of Canada employee. The liability of LBCFS is limited to the conduct of its representatives in the performance of their duties for LBCFS. Important information is contained in the relevant fund facts. We ask that you read this (these) document(s) carefully prior to investing. For more information with regards to the funds traded, please refer to the funds simplified prospectus. To obtain your copy of the fund facts and/or simplified prospectus concerning the fund(s) you have chosen, please contact a LBCFS representative at the Bank branch. Investing in a mutual fund (“fund”) may result in sales and trailing commissions, management fees, administration fees and other fees. The funds available through LBCFS are not insured by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation, Canadian securities regulators, or any other public deposit insurer. In addition, mutual funds are not guaranteed in whole or in part by Laurentian Bank, B2B Trustco, or any other entity. There is no guarantee that a fund will maintain a constant value per unit, or that you will recover the full amount invested in a fund. Funds often fluctuate in value, and past performance is not an indicator of future performance.
2. You may be able to enjoy reduced mutual fund management and administration fees.
3. You can include the assets of family members living in the same household to achieve this amount. Please notify us of the accounts to combine in order to add family members, as account householding is not automatic in all cases.