For many homeowners, the principal residence is their foremost most important asset. When in need of financing, some homeowners will be forced to sell their property to access the equity that comes from the market value of the property.
With the Retirement Line of Credit,1,2 if your residence is fully or largely paid off (with the balance of the existing financing not exceeding 25% of the current market value of the property), you could have access to a part of the current market value of your property to secure the financing needed to bring projects to fruition... while still remaining the homeowner.
A flexible financing solution
With the Laurentian Bank Retirement Line of Credit, you could access up to 50% of the current market value of your principal residence. Once your credit limit has been established, you get to use the funds as you see fit. For example, your line of credit could help you face unexpected expenses, supplement your current income, renovate, travel, go back to school, start a company or consolidate your debts while taking advantage of attractive interest rate.
Pay off your Retirement Line of Credit at your own pace by settling, at minimum, the monthly interest due on the outstanding balance of the line of credit. Every payment to reimburse the balance will correspondingly increase the credit available on your Retirement Line of Credit without having to re-apply for funds. You can pay off the borrowed amount in whole or in part at any time without indemnity.
Attractive interest rate
Easy access to funds
Your funds are easily accessible at any time:
Flexible repayment options
Interest only (minimum of $10).4
You may repay the balance due in whole or in part at any time without indemnity.
Consult our posted rates.
Option to convert into a mortgage loan
In addition, depending on your financial situation,1 you could convert the balance on your Retirement Line of Credit, in whole or in part, into a mortgage loan to protect yourself from interest rate increases and make fixed regular payments.
The Retirement Line of Credit: more practical than a reverse mortgage
The Retirement Line of Credit is a more flexible financing product that costs less, and is not as binding as, a reverse mortgage, insofar as you can repay the minimum monthly interest on the autorized limit of the line of credit. Ask your Laurentian Bank advisor.
This financing product is for you if:
- Your principal residence is paid off or your mortgage balance is less than 25% of the current market value of the property.
- Your level of income makes it difficult to obtain a regular mortgage loan or equity line of credit.
- You want to repay interest only on the borrowed amount.
This financing product is not for you if:
- You're not a homeowner.
- You're a homeowner whose equity on the property is more than 25% of the current market value of the property.
- Your level of income does not allow you to pay off the monthly interest.
1. Some conditions apply, including regarding the eligible property type. Subject to credit approval by Laurentian Bank. The amount of financing depends on the financial situation of each individual client.
2. The balance of the existing financing must not exceed 25% of the current market value of the property to be eligible. Please note that property appraisal fees are to be paid by the client. No signature by power of attorney will be accepted. Only the homeowner(s) are authorized to sign mortgage documents. First-rank mortgage only.
3. Ask your advisor for the current line of credit base rate.
4. The minimum payment must cover at least the accrued monthly interest. Minimum payment of $10.