High-Interest Savings Account
Looking for a solution that allows you to save and easily access your funds when you need them? The High-Interest Savings Account (HISA) could be a smart choice to meet your savings needs.
WHAT IS A HIGH-INTEREST SAVINGS ACCOUNT?
The High-Interest Savings Account is an account that allows you to earn a higher interest rate on your balance. Your money grows simply by being deposited into this account, and you have always access to it. The High-Interest Savings Account can help you reach your savings goals—whether you’re looking to make a project a reality, build an emergency fund or diversify your portfolio in the short or medium term.
- Ideal for short-term savings
- Allows you to access your funds at any time, if needed
- Pre-authorized payments possible
- Not eligible for registered accounts (RRSP, TFSA, etc.)
- Eligible for CDIC deposit insurance up to $100,0001
- No management fees
In order to earn interest, the minimum balance required is $2,500. Simple interest is calculated on the daily minimum balance (which must be at least $2,500) and paid monthly based on the following tiers:
Annual rate per tier
- Balance of $0 to $2,499.99
- Balance of $2,500 to $499,999.99
- Balance of $500,000 or more
To maximize your savings in your account, you can conduct the following transactions:
- Interac e-Transfers®
- Transfers through LBCDirect
- Direct debits
Fees apply (see Section 5.3 of the My Money Guide)
ACCOUNT MAINTENANCE FEES4
- Paper bank statement: $3
- Electronic bank statement with epostTM5: no charge
This bank account is suited for you if:
- You want to save at least $2,500 and have access to your funds at all times;
- You are looking for an account where your money can grow safely;
- You want to diversify your portfolio with a short-term savings solution.
This bank account is not suited for you if:
- You have a long-term investment horizon;
- You don’t anticipate needing access to your funds in the short term.
Consult our FAQ’s to find out more about the High-Interest Savings Account.
Laurentian Bank: Laurentian Bank of Canada.
Interac® and Interac e-Transfer® are registered trademarks of Interac Inc., used under license.
epostTM is a trademark of Canada Post Corporation.
1. Your deposits are insurable by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC) up to a maximum of $100,000. Visit cdic.ca or consult the CDIC brochure, also available at branches, for details.
2. Some terms and conditions apply. The annual interest rate is subject to change at any time. In order to earn interest, the minimum balance required is $2,500 and must be maintained on a daily basis. Simple interest is calculated on the daily minimum balance (which must be at least $2,500) and is paid monthly based on the tiers. Laurentian Bank reserves the right to change the annual interest rate by posting a general notice in each of its branches and in the Current Rates section of its website.
3. For more information on this product and banking fees, refer to the My Money Guide on our website, or at a branch.
4. You will only receive a bank statement if you conduct more than five transactions per month. Applicable account maintenance fees will still be charged to your account for paper statement.
5. You must register for epostTM to access your electronic statements.