Opening a Bank Account
To open an account with us, simply go to one of our branches and bring along the following to complete your application:
- Your contact information;
- Your date of birth;
- Your occupation;
- An original, valid, undamaged piece of identification from Group A;
- Another piece of identification from Group A and B, or a reference from a client in good standing with us, or a reference from a person with a good reputation in the community where the branch you deal with is located.
In order to provide you with an automatic banking card or other services or to comply with the law, we may also ask for your consent in order to perform certain credit validations or to validate any information gathered from the presented pieces of identification.
Acceptable Forms of Identification
- Your driver’s license (Canadian or foreign)
- Your passport (Canadian or foreign)
- Your Canadian citizenship card (issued before 2012)
- Your permanent resident card
- Your Secure Certificate of Indian Status issued by the Canadian government
- Your provincial or territorial health insurance card, as permitted to be used for identification purposes under provincial or territorial law
- Your identification card issued by a provincial or territorial government authority, or one of its agents that can serve as your identification - the card must bear your photograph and signature
- An employee identification card issued by a well‑known employer and bearing your photograph
- A bank, client or automated banking machine card issued by a member of Payments Canada and bearing your name and signature
- A credit card issued by a member of Payments Canada and bearing your name and signature
- A Canadian National Institute for the Blind (CNIB) client card bearing your photograph and signature
- A personal reference from a client in good standing at the Bank or a reference from a person with a good reputation in the community where the branch you deal with is located
Choose From Several Plans and Programs
Whether you make very little, a few, a lot, or tons of transactions each month, we have the plan for you. Choose among our four plans to find the one that best suits your needs and habits!
Are you a student between the ages of 16 and 25? Are you over 60? Are you a member of a specific professional association? Well, we have a little something for you! What is it? One of our special advantages programs!
These programs offer privileges and freebies that could help you make huge savings if you're eligible!
If you aren't sure which plan or program is right for you, use our calculator.