Online banking with complete peace of mind
Our reimbursement guarantee in case of online fraud ensures
The Laurentian Bank has added a number of strict security measures in order to provide a highly secure banking environment. This is evidenced by our implementation of a three-level authentication scheme incorporating personal questions and images, the use of 128-bit encryption for online transactions and the automatic termination of your online banking session after a few minutes of inactivity.
To allow you to carry out your online banking with complete peace of mind, the Laurentian Bank is also providing a reimbursement guarantee if an unauthorized, fraudulent banking transaction is processed through the LBCDirect online banking service.
A shared responsibility
In order to benefit from the peace of mind offered by our reimbursement guarantee in case of fraud, you must take the following security measures:
- Carefully protect the confidentiality of your password, your personal questions and answers, and your image when you configure your profile in LBCDirect.
- Contact us as soon as you know or suspect that an outside party has discovered your password or that your account shows evidence of a suspicious transaction which you did not authorize.
- Respect the user agreement concerning LBCDirect online access.
- Adopt safe habits in order to make your online banking environment more secure.
Tips to maximize the security of your online banking environment
You can significantly improve the security of your online banking environment by following these important tips:
- Use the most recent version of your preferred Web browser (Explorer or Firefox). Ensure that it’s equipped with 128-bit encryption.
- Install effective firewall and antivirus software on your computer, and update this software on a regular basis.
- Install all available security updates for your operating system. You can configure Windows or MacOS to automatically check for these updates.
- Never respond to e-mails that request confidential information about yourself or about any of your Laurentian Bank products or services – we never request such information electronically.
- Clear your Web browser cache regularly.
- Terminate your online banking session by systematically logging out of LBCDirect’s secure server.
This guarantee is offered free of charge
to all our LBCDirect online banking subscribers.